On the minds of the future workforce...
We took our giant blue-sky #OnMyMindPrompt to Encinal High School for the 4th annual Career Pathways Youth Job Fair. It was great to talk with the students about their hopes, dreams, and questions about the future.
Many students shared some very important concerns and questions (balanced out by some great life goals):
- Five years from now, where will I be?
- When do I need to start getting a job?
- What does my future hold?
- Will I reach my life goals?
- How will my contributions benefit others?
- I need a job to pay for college.
As an additional way to summarize the responses, we put all the individual text into a wordcloud application. Here is the resulting wordcloud:
One of the best things we can do when creating space for others and inviting the next generation into the workplace is ask them what they are thinking about and hoping for. We learned so much in our brief conversations with these great youth & wish them the best in their job searches!